Sometimes, trainees are not aware that the indiscriminate publication of contents of their private lives on the nets is public and open to everyone and, if they do not take the relevant precautions, it can end up harming them in certain situations.
You must become aware of the importance of taking care of our digital identity and ensure that it is consistent with the image you want to convey of yourself and the specific audience you want to address.
You must know the concept of personal branding and try to ensure that all the information about you that circulates on the web helps you create a consistent, and reliable profile for the goal you want to achieve, in this case, finding a job.
During this WebQuest you will learn the importance of having a professional digital identity that can be used as a cover letter and as motivation for future applications for the jobs you apply for.
As a conclusion, each student will have to make an individual personal reflection about what information about him/her is circulating on the net and whether it would help him/her find a job or, on the contrary, give a bad image at work.
To find them, you will turn to the different professional networks where candidacies and CVs are published for employment purposes such as LinkedIn, Xing, etc. and you must select three candidates.
Next, you will look for information about each candidate on the internet, analyse it and choose the one that made the best impression on you.
3. When you have chosen the right person, you must make a list with the reasons why you chose his/her candidacy and the reasons why you rejected the others.
4. Final debate: among all the groups you will share the reasons you have for choosing or discarding the evaluated candidates.
As a conclusion, you will have to track the information that circulates about you on the internet and make a personal reflection on whether you would have chosen yourself or not for the candidacy you worked on.
You will also have to analyse if this information is consistent with the image you would like to give at a work level and if it would be convincing enough for the recipients of your applications.
General tasks of the administrative department:
Many companies use social networks to get information about the job candidates they post, so we need to be aware of this and keep in mind that our posts can be seen by those recruiters who we want to make a good impression on.
Information uploaded to the internet can be seen by anyone, therefore the necessary precautions must be taken so that it cannot harm one in for example a hiring selection process.
Your information on the Internet is your presentation card and you must take advantage of it to make a good impression on those responsible for human resources and motivate them to offer you a job interview.
A video resume of a maximum duration of 2 minutes where you highlight your aptitudes, attitudes and skills can be a quick and convincing tool to establish first contact with a company and access an interview.
During this WebQuest you will learn how to make a professional and convincing video resume, what content it should have, the duration and where to upload it.
Publication on the Internet: together, it will be decided on which platform is best suited for uploading the video resume and with what level of privacy.
2. Depending on the members of each group and the available times, you must create a video resume of one, two or all the members of the group following the guide elaborated in the previous point.
3. The video resumes will be shown to the whole class, before they are published, and their strengths and weaknesses will be analysed. Based on this analysis, the videos will be re-recorded as necessary.
4. Based on the links provided and the information you can find online, it will be decided which platforms are the most suitable to upload the video resume. The personal content we have on each platform should be analysed and whether it is appropriate to mix it with the video resume. We will have to select what content is open to everyone and which content we want to restrict access to using the different levels of privacy offered by each platform.
Video summary examples:
How to make a video summary
Professional social networks
Getting a job means standing out among all the candidates. Being able to capture the attention of those responsible for selection requires an agile and original presentation.
In this challenge, you’ll learn how to create an effective video summary that highlights your strengths and is convincing enough for recruiters to offer you a face-to-face interview.